The committee members are all dedicated to creating a strong European Union where women’s rights and values are not only protected but can be fully utilized to further strengthen the economy.
Our actions are aimed at supporting women in the positions of political and economic decision making, fighting violence directed at women and promoting conciliation between professional life and family life.
We do this by taking the following actions:
- We promote the equal representation of women and men in political and economic decision making.
- We defend the need to shape strong and voluntary policies for gender equality.
- We stand for the inclusion of women entrepreneurs in places of economic decision making and for initiatives to boost the growth of sectors which contribute to the economic independence of women.
- We vindicate information campaigns which sensitise the public and help to fight against gender stereotypes and discrimination.
- We support the principle of equal pay for work of equal value.
- We are committed to entrepreneurship, small and medium sized enterprises and women as a motor of economic growth, prosperity and job creation.
- We defend measures to improve the conciliation of family and professional life.
- We promote the diversification of careers to encourage full participation of women in the job market.
Please read more information about work of our MEP's here: